Saturday, December 16, 2017

Week 11: New iteration on the CAD Model

One of the comments that we received from our presentation number 2, is that the vertical length of the suspension unit might me too large. Which is because of the frame is on top of the vertical dampening unit when it does not have to be necessarily like this. My team and I realized that it is true as seen below in figure 1.

first model.PNG
Figure 1. Frame on top of the Vertical Dampening unit
My group and I then went back to the drawing board to come up with a different form that will still encompass the same function. After, long thinking sessions, I came up with the idea to make the vertical dampening unit part of the center link in the frame. To do this, we would have to add some attachment points that could be welded on and make the frame double sided on each side of the vertical dampening unit. This will essentially make the total vertical length of the suspension the length of the vertical dampening unit, which should reduce it by 6 inches. 

We will continue with this new design concept on CAD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment